Computerized Battery Analyzer for Any Battery Pack up to 150W or 40Amp with Software CBA IV Pro
Product ID #
Part Number: CBA-IV-Pro
Scientifically Analyze Battery Performance
* Improvement/Enhancement on CBA IV
- True constant current battery capacity test with results graphically displayed, constant power testing supported with Extended software upgrade
- Discharge current is software and electronically regulated using a solid state switch and fan cooled electronic load
- Test any type of battery; coin cell to automotive or larger. Presets for NiCad, NiMH, Lead Acid, Li Ion, Li Poly, Alkaline, Carbon Zinc, Mercury etc.
- Solar cell profiling capability*. Click here to view
- Lower current testing capabilities - down to 10 mA*
- Optional for Temperature Sensor
Perform Fast, High Power Testing
- Tests quickly at real world load conditions, up to 150 watts or 40 amps maximum, whichever is higher
- High voltage testing at up to 55 volts; the equivalent of 1 to 38 NiCad or NiMh cells
- Optional 500 watt and 1000 watt amplifiers
Accuracy and Precision for Demanding Applications
- On-board computer performs accurate measurement with 12 bit effective resolution. Auto ranging for 2 current ranges and three voltages
- Each CBA is individually calibrated with a computerized calibration system
- Calibration certification data provided with CBA IV Pro
Built-in Safety Features Provide Superior Battery Protection
- Fail safe: automatic protection of temperature, current and power*
- Safety watchdog stops a discharge in the event of a computer crash*.
- Discharge test current user selectable from 0 to 40 Amps
- Automatic voltage shut off at end of test using a software recommended or user selected safe discharge voltage
- Automatic over-temperature shut off at end of test at using a software recommended or user selected maximum temperature with optional external magnetic temperature sensor.
Easy-to-Use Software for Data Analysis
- User selected battery cell chemistry, number of cells and test current
- Software recommends safe tests based on user supplied battery information
- Automatic graph setup and scaling
- Measures and displays voltage, current, amp-hrs, watts and temperature .
- Easy overlay comparisons of multiple graphs may be displayed saved and recalled
- Save, display and print battery test graphs and battery labels
- Plug and Play high speed USB interface, with easy to use and intuitive Windows® software supplied on CD ROM
Extended Software Upgrade License Unlocks Features for Serious Battery Testing
- Power profile to characterize batteries, power supplies and solar cells
- Programmable automatic duty cycle test with up to 999 second on/off cycle periods
- Regulated constant power discharge (current goes up as battery voltage drops)
- Temperature graphing with a recovery time option
- Ragone power density charting using battery weight (used for performance comparison of energy sources charting energy density (Watt-Hours/kg) vs power density (W/kg))
- Test-lead resistance voltage calibration utility to give higher accuracy voltage readings right at the battery terminals
- Enables placement of user notes on graphs
- Multiple unit testing (each requires Extended License to access)
* Improvement/Enhancement on CBA IV
- One model for all testing ranges*
- Maximum continuous discharge rate: 100 watts
- Maximum limited term discharge rate with < 3500 ma-hour battery: 125 watts
- Maximum limited term discharge rate with < 1000 ma-hour battery: 150 watts
- 0-3 amp accuracy: typically better than + - 10 ma
- 3-40 amp accuracy: typically better than + - 45 ma
- 0-5 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .005 volts
- 5-15 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .01 volts
- 10-60 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .05 volts
- Maximum operating voltage: 55 Volts (48 Volt Lead Acid Telecom supported)
- Maximum discharge rate: 40 amps (Battery dependent, 100 watt continuous)
- Minimum discharge voltage to maintain 30 amps .9Volts (Battery dependent)
- Minimum Voltage for a 40 amp discharge: 2 volts at completion of test (Battery dependent)
- Minimum discharge rate: 0.01 Amps*
- Residual current drain, battery connected while not in use: < .003 amps @ 12 volts
- High performance micro controller with built in USB interface and 12 bit A/D conversion.
- USB powered; the CBA does not use the battery being tested to run the CBA or the fan.
- System ready and Test in progress LED indicators, viewable from across a room.
- CBA internal over temperature sensing and protection.
- Graph printing on any standard color or B&W printer.
- Battery test label printing on standard 05160 stick-on labels.
- Dimensions: 3.5" H x 2.8" W x 3.6" D.
- Weight: 16 oz.
Computer System Requirements
- A PC with a Pentium 233 or better
- At least an 800 X 600 graphics card and display monitor
- Windows 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)
- An available USB port
- CBA IV hardware
- 3 inch pigtail adapter
- Standard version CBA software CD-ROM
- 6 ft USB Cable
- 40 amp fuse
- Calibration data
- User Manual